Tips for Social Distancing, Quarantine and Isolation
COVID-19 Resources in Spanish:
Spencer-Van Etten Central School District is planning and preparing for COVID-19, as per guidance from federal, state, and local authorities.
Specifically, S-VE is:
- reviewing our Emergency Plans;
- staying in close communication with the Tioga County Health Department and other educational institutions;
- monitoring and planning for student and staff absences;
- continuing our current procedures for students and staff who are sick at school;
- continuing our cleaning protocols;
- encouraging students and staff to wash their hands frequently and utilize hand sanitizer when unable to wash their hands;
- continuing to communicate with our staff, students, parents and community regarding any necessary updates.
We wish to reiterate the importance of good hygiene habits to help prevent the spread of contagious health conditions.
Please continue to follow our current health care procedures when your child is ill and keep your child home when:
- persistent fever greater than 100.0 orally, including a fever that requires control with medication: must be fever free for 72 hours without use of medication to return to school,
- child is too sleepy or ill from an illness, like vomiting and/or diarrhea; must stay home for 72 hours after vomiting and/or diarrhea,
- significant cough that is uncomfortable or disruptive,
- sore throat,
- undiagnosed sores or rash,
- any condition that you think may be serious or contagious to others,
- your child is not feeling well enough to make it through a school day.